The National Foundation to End Child Abuse and Neglect
Information We Collect
How We Share your Personal Information with Others
How to Access, Update or Correct your Personal Information
Third Party Websites and Services
Safeguarding Your Information
Privacy Obligations for Minors
Additional Information for Users in the European Economic Area Only
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
EndCAN collects personal information from you, which is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Information may not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
Here is a description of the types of Personal Information we may collect and how we may use it:
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Depending on how you use the Site, we collect different kinds of personal information from or about you.
• Information you volunteer: We collect the Personal Information you and others knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use this Site. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide when you subscribe to our emails or newsletters, provide testimonials, or contact us with questions.
• Information from your browser or device: We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser and usage information. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve this Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes (e.g., to detect intrusions into our network) and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you.
• Information about donations: If you donate, we collect personal information in connection with the donation. This information includes name, address, email, and telephone number.
• Information from third parties: We may collect information from third parties, including business partners and marketing agencies. This includes your contact information from marketing partners when we engage in joint marketing or co-branding activities, your IP address or location information from service providers to offer certain products and services relevant to your location, and data from your social networks to authenticate your product use with us, or that you grant permission to our products or services to access.
• collect information about the ways visitors use our Site—which pages you visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
• support the features and functionality of our Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits; and
• personalize your experience when you use our Site.
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies may or may not be personally identifiable, but we may link it to Personal Information that you provide. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit our Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of our Site if your browser rejects our cookies.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your device in order to track your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites or to deliver targeted advertisements on other websites. For example, we may use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here . Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites. You have choices about the information third parties may collect about you through this Site. For example, if you do not want your information sent to a third party, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the add-on does not prevent information from being sent to End-CAN.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally, we use the information we collect to provide, improve, and develop our Site, to communicate with you, and to protect us and our users.
EndCAN collects, processes, and determines how to process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• to provide the information you request;
• to share your story you provide to us;
• for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
• to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
• to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
• to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Site;
• to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
• to better understand your needs and interests;
• to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
• to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
• for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
In relation to marketing communications, we will provide you with an “opt out” mechanism. An “opt out” mechanism (e.g., “unsubscribe”) will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you “opt out” we will not send you any. Either way, opting out will be up to you.
Do Not Track Mechanisms
Previously Expressed Preferences
You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your Personal Information. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, please email UNSUBSCRIBE ME to email@example.com.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We may provide certain Personal Information to strategic partners that work with us to help us market to customers. We share Personal Information with these companies solely to provide or improve our advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
Corporate Business Transactions
In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all Personal Information to the relevant third party.
Compliance with laws and protection of our rights and the rights of others
We may disclose your Personal Information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose your Personal Information to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft, to protect the security of this Site, to enforce or apply our agreements, or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
HOW TO ACCESS, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update or correct your Personal Information, and you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will perform such changes within a reasonable time and, in any case, within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identify.
You are also entitled to object to or restrict, at any time, the further processing of your Personal Information. You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured and standard format.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to account credentials and computers or other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or Personal Information has been compromised, please Contact Us immediately. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
Steps We Take to Safeguard your Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you submit on or through this Site. Unfortunately, no website, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Retaining your Personal Information
PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS FOR MINORS
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under the age of 16 through the Site. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 16 and you are or become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please Contact Us and we will work with you regarding your requests relating to such Personal Information. If we become aware that a minor under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information without consent from his or her parent or guardian, we will delete the information from our records.